Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 44 Paris

No blog as such, just some photos. Weather here is like bleak city: cold (max 10C), overcast, occasional showers. Yesterday there were sunny periods. We can't believe it's like this in May.

Despite this, I am forced to concede that Paris is a beautiful city - the architecture (and I don't just mean important public buildings) is just superb.

We had a terrific day yesterday with my niece Anita and then my old Waterloo colleague Jacques in the evening

Today was museum and churches day: Musee du Moyen Age, Notre Dame, St Germain des Pres, Saint Sulpice. I'll let the photos tell the story.


Musee du Moyen Age

The Pantheon (very impressive, but we didn't go in)
 
Notre Dame


St Germain des Pres
Saint Sulpice
Other


My apologies to anyone who may be offended by my choice of images or cropping thereof, but they all come from churches/cathedrals.

No comments:

Post a Comment