Sunday, March 21, 2010

Introduction

Like our previous trips where I also kept a journal, my intention here was to record my impressions and feelings about what we experienced. It hasn't quite worked out that way. Most of my scribblings appear to be a simple and at times perhaps tedious recounting of the day's events. My fact-and precision-based career has not prepared me that well for the task I have set myself. So, gentle reader, please forgive this deficiency in my makeup.

I started out and continued writing the journal as a Word document. After we got to Spain and had regular Internet it occurred to me that perhaps I should publish it as a blog. That way I could also include some photos. Publishing the blog was only possible on an intermittent basis because of not always available Internet access in the hotels.
 

There are also gaps in the journal when we visited with family and friends, mainly because we were too busy.

This journal was entered on my Asus Eee netbook which has a very small keyboard, making accurate typing difficult. Consequently there have been many typos and word elisions, not all of which have been detected and rectified. 




Here is the remainder of the paraphernalia that we carried with us:




A few facts about the trip:

    Departure    March 21, 2010
    Return         June 2, 2010           =  73 days
    Photos        14,108

No comments:

Post a Comment